“I personally love grilling, but it’s a 15- to 20-minute commitment in entertaining” – Zac Posen

Living where I live has it’s moments… My dad isn’t home too much, but when he is, I try to make the best out of it.

My favorites:

• When he calls me Bubba Bear
  • When he kisses my snout until I sneeze and he yells… “Bless You Bubba”
  • Cuddling in bed, but not cuddling because I don’t enjoy people (or other animals) touching me
  • When Dad picks me up to go to sleep
  • AND – Daddy’s Outside cooking time!!!

I don’t know what is, but there is something about leftovers and scraps that hit the floor outside on the hot concrete.

Last Summer, Dad got a cool flat-black grill thing that makes the food sizzle and get loud. He also uses a weird squirt gun with this oil stuff, which is always pretty tasty when it falls off the top of the grill.

For being a math brain, Dad isn’t too great with measuring – which is always in my favor! I don’t know if he knows this or not, but when you buy food, it will usually tell you the serving size on the label. He doesn’t care, he says the food doesn’t cook the same when you don’t make enough – whatever that means.

Last year, Dad explored with a variety of foods:

• steak
  • rice
  • veggies
  • chicken
  • squid
  • sausage

I just absolutely love grill Days/Nights with Dad – it’s almost the perfect way to celebrate our time together!

Theo’s Thought Number 10: Grill Days

2 thoughts on “Theo’s Thought Number 10: Grill Days

• March 10, 2023 at 7:59 pm
    Permalink

Lovely and refreshing POV. I can hear Theo loud and clear. Glad that your grill doesn’t drip and leave traces for Theo like ours does. 🙂

Reply
  • March 10, 2023 at 9:27 pm
    Permalink

Your posts are so funny. Thanks for sharing.

Reply