“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism” – George Washington

A lot of people don’t know this – but we pups come with instincts… and the protection of my home comes in many different ways.

One way I have to protect n serve is insuring Dad’s protection when he’s in his office. Whether he’s in that giant water bowl getting wet, or sitting on that weird seat that spits water out… when he’s vulnerable – well I’m there!

Gracefully, I take position in the best spot imaginable – which duh… it’s the middle of the floor. If there comes an intruder, they’re going to have a hard time getting to Dad with me completely in the way of everything and everyone! Dad has tripped over me a few times, but not going to lie dude – I’ve seen him swing a hammer and get some things done with home construction… if he’s happy with a bathroom the size of a coffin… well, stop complaining about my defensive guard habits!

I also use my zen training and pretend to play dead while taking guard. Dad is a bit accusatory and says I’m sleeping in the middle of the floor… but what he doesn’t know is I’m carefully resting my eyes and showing predators my “guard is down” – again, many years of zen training

It’s hard training your human… especially when the poor guy doesn’t know how to talk and just uses rambling sounds that he appears to make sense of – clearly I have no clue what he’s saying!

Theo’s Thought Day 11: Bathroom Security