When I first got to meet Dad, I knew we would be a good thing – a true team… He moves and thinks a million miles per minute… and I … Well lets just say I balance it all out for him.

But the big thing – is he gets me… Just as I am, no (milk)bones about it. He didn’t listen to the people telling him a bully was a big expense, he accepted it… He didn’t care that I have more dietary requirements than the keto diet itself… He didn’t care I shed more hair than I had… and he definitely didn’t care that I came into his life battered and beaten…

For that, I never held a grudge against the guy, no matter how late he would get home. I don’t know where he goes… But I do know he’s always working on what he calls “school work” when he’s on the couch on his computer… and when he gets home each night, he’s usually wearing a different outfit, dressed like he works for GeekSquad, smelling like pizza, or smelling like a bag of sweaty socks.

No matter what he’s up to – I know he’s looking forward to seeing me… whether he pulls out a blanket and uses the buttons on the couch to lift me up like a forklift, or he picks me up and walks me into the bed that sits 2342 ft in the air…

No Matter what it is… I will wait for Dad…

Theo’s Thought Day 28: Wait for Dad