“I didn’t choose the ‘TUG LIFE’… the ‘TUG LIFE’ chose me” – This isn’t a real quote, it’s honestly something I saw on a shirt when looking at “funny shirts” on Amazon… so ok, I guess it is a quote from someone, but more of a play on words and ya, now my voyage down this rabbit hole!!!!

As Ruby started to get bigger, I understood I had a job in front of me that Dad really wasn’t aware of.

The first couple weeks/months of Ruby being around, Dad just kept on saying, “I don’t think this is Theo’s first time around puppies”

Well someone get the man his prize – DUH! and it was never pleasant!

You see, I’m not known for my quickness (strong B-) or my slender physique (I’m big-boned, literally I have a ginormous femur that is 2-3 times the size of normal dogs like me – some doctor told my Dad that and that’s what he shares with all of his friends… all 3 of them), but please… for the love of God, let me catch you… and well… GAME OVER!

So cute, little, Puppy Ruby would spend most of the mornings when Dad mowed the lawn running around the yard, like she just snorted 1/2 of a Cartel’s briefcase… and would occasionally go right by me and take a nip at my ankles… REALLY CUTE!

Nip after nip, she started getting closer… and closer… and closer… and then BOOOM! Tis a KRACKEN! I locked my jaws down so tight on her collar, she had no where to go… practically my little stringless puppet… THIS WAY… and THAT WAY… wanna go UPPPPP (I threw her up so high she flipped over me…) and BOOOOM – straight back down to the freshly carved backyard turf…

I’d hold on to my little puppet for hours… maybe days (seriously it may have lasted like 10 seconds)… Resting my head on her neck when I got tired, but still fully clenched.

It was that day Ruby was introduced to her Big Brother… simply judged as if I were a tugboat… until she had to find out the hard way just how strong this bite was…

Theo’s Thought Day 15: Theodore Tugboat