One of my most favorite things in the world is when Spring arrives… the hell with that ground hog in February and God Bless us if we can ever predict the news casters… but boy when Daddy gets in the mood for Spring –

ON…

LIKE…

DONKEYKONG!

We start each year with the garage clean out – like a wood toy sanctuary! I get to hang out in the shade in the garage and watch him put back all the same things he put back last year… I don’t want to tell Dad, but if he just put the stuff away after he used it… well, I don’t think it would take him all day – JUST SAYIN!

Then it’s the lawn – and when he officially gets to play my long-awaited game of hide and go seek!!!

See, here’s the rules – I poop… and boy do I mean, I POOP! all over the yard! Dad tries his best to clean up the craters… but either I’m getting better at this… or he’s just getting older… and/or losing his sight, IDK! Dad even invites a friend to come over every week, just to help him find all the Theo Nuggets first – I will never be beat in this game!

Then we move onto Dad and Thor, that’s what he calls that weird car he drives around the yard giving the green stuff a hair cut. I used to stand in the middle of the yard and bark at Thor (because he yells the whole time he’s out), but now I just sit back and wait for the yard to get all fresh and clean.

Between the lawn work and the rain that comes – I couldn’t ask for a better time of year!

Theo’s Thought Day 18: When Will Spring Sprung?

2 thoughts on “Theo’s Thought Day 18: When Will Spring Sprung?

• March 19, 2023 at 4:26 am
    Permalink

Ha! I can totally picture these springtime rites of passage through Theo’s eyes.

Reply
  • March 19, 2023 at 2:34 pm
    Permalink

I adore the perspective you took when you wrote this post. It’s fascinating to hear someone else’s voice explaining how mowing the lawn and spring cleaning in the garage look/feel.

Reply