“If I had rubies, riches, and crowns, I’d buy the whole world and change things around” – Bob Dylan

It wasn’t so much as weeks after we lost Maxwell, that Mom and Dad must have decided Lenny and I weren’t “filling their needs” in a way… so what else would a family do? Well, they would sit on social media and find something “fulfilling”…

Dad pulled me to the side one night and explained to me about how I was rescued … bla bla bla, and he was looking into rescuing another friend… Ok, I GET IT! I mean, I’m not trying to sound that selfish, but does he not understand what this means? No more Bubba-Bear, No more Daddy cuddles, the attention was going to come off of me and on to this “add-on” to the family… I just don’t think he realizes what he’s doing to me… to us…

So we met the demon dog late at night – she came over with a few ladies and they wanted to see how she did in our house. She did exactly as I presumed… went after my feet, barked in my ear, nibbled on my cheeks, and of course, she started to go after my toys…

But I will admit… she was cute… she had a bit of pizazz about her that I think our house could use… she was a bit uptempo and probably the clumsiest thing I have ever met.

Ruby became an official Rack that February – and she came with A LOT of training ahead of her… Cage training, potty training, don’t touch Theo when he’s sleeping training… just a lot… and it was I, who had to show her the ropes…

Even though I didn’t necessarily sign up for the gig, I have to say, I wasn’t scared of being a big brother – just as long as she knows who runs this house…

Theo’s Thought: Day 13: Enter Chaos

2 thoughts on “Theo’s Thought: Day 13: Enter Chaos

• March 13, 2023 at 6:12 pm
    Permalink

The saga continues…! I just love this, how you navigate us through Theo’s complicated thoughts and feelings. Love the tone, “blah, blah, blah” and LOVE the photos, especially the one ‘doctored’ by Ruby (we presume.) That new girl does have pizazz!

Reply
  • March 13, 2023 at 8:20 pm
    Permalink

Super cute pictures to go with the fabulous voice you have cultivated!

Reply